Design Chronicles: Interviews with local Montreal designers in their studios. This edition with Bruna Coppola, jewelry designer for Rififi. Rififi will be in a pop-up shop this weekend held by Pop up shop mtl. Go say Hi!
1) How did you come up with your name?
It’s from an old French movie “rififi” where the plot is about a jewelry thief…. Perfect lol
2) Why did you start your company? I prefer the question why I continued it!? Because I believe in and adore creating rififi…. Rififi is not a company it stimulates my mind and my life!
3) How does living in Montreal inspire you? Montreal has this power to stimulate my curiosity because it is ever changing and full of youth and energy.
4) What are your three favorites places in Montreal? 1- The pool on top of my building in Old Port, 2- Velvet for a crazy night, 3- The Museum of fine arts; Everytime I go to this quiet and magical place, it always fills me with something new!
5) How do you get in a creative mood? It comes, It’s like a door that opens in my mind.
6) What was your first obsession? The ocean and the way it seems to be infinite